Redmond Lab .Net is a hobby project focusing on software for system administrators, power users, and developers. Use Submit tab to send your questions, comments, or bug reports.
How can i start Systemometer
2) automatically with myprofile
3) Is it possible to show the task-symbol for systemometer only in the notification area of the taskbar ?
4) How can i display used ram and swap?
1. Systemometer does not start minimized if asked via shortcut option "Run Minimized". Is this what you mean? The good new is that I just fixed this bug. The latest release of Systemometer now handles correctly "Run Minimized" option set in the shortcut properties. Please upgrade to version 1.6.2 and do the following.
First, make sure that menu item Options->Enable In Tray is checked. Then you will need to create a shortcut (or use the one that is automatically placed on the Desktop by installer) and change its properties to have Run field set to Minimized. Save the shortcut changes.
Now if you start Systemometer using that shortcut, it will show up in the tray only. Now you can copy this shortcut to Start->Programs->Start Up folder in Windows environment. This will make Systemometer to show up in tray on Windows start-up.
2. In order start Systemometer with a specific profile, just pass the full path to this profile as the command line argument, e.g.
C:\> Systemometer.exe C:\Some\Folder\MyProfile.smtr
3. Yes, you can place Systemometer in the tray area only. Make sure to have menu item Options->Enable in Tray checked. So now when you minimize Systemometer window it will disappear from the regular task bar but will be still shown in the tray.
4. In order to see user RAM and swap size do the following: Open Options->Counters... dialog. Under the list of counters click on Add... button. Select performance object "Memory". Select counters from the list: "% Commited Bytes in Use" - highlight this item and click Add button. Now select another performance object "Paging File". Select counters from the list: "% Usage" - highlight this item. Select instances from the list: _Total - highlight this item and click Add button. Click Close button. Adjust the title for these two in the Counters dialog. Use Apply button to see how it looks on the chart.